Currently users are not able to see the total amount of storage space they are using.
Admins can see the total amount of space being used by the company by clicking on the Admin button in the upper-right corner under Subscription Type.
- You can search for users across all companies using the Search box above the User Directory on the right.
- To search for companies, click on the Partner (or Admin, if you have admin rights) in the top-right corner. Under Partner Management you can use the Search box to look for companies under each state:
- New – Companies that are waiting your approval.
- Pending – Companies you invited that are pending their approval.
- Current – Companies that are currently your Partner.
To simplify navigation, Ocean does not allow for creation of sub-folders. This enables users from various companies to quickly find files they are looking for without needing to know the folder structure of another company. Instead you can use click the column headers in Content Navigation to search by File Name, Size, Type and Author across all folders. You can use any combination of these filters.
By default, Ocean allows uploading files of any size.
Admins can restrict max file size via the Admin screen.
If you wish to edit the contents of a file, you must first download it to your computer. All files in Ocean are fully encrypted while on the server.
If you wish to edit the name or other properties of a file/folder (Retention, Auto-Versioning, etc.):
- Select the File or Folder you wish to edit.
- Click “Manage File/Folder” on the Toolbar.
- You cannot move files to folders that you have “Download Only” permissions to.
- Select the file you wish to move.
- Click on “Manage File” on the Toolbar.
- In the “Folder” drop-down select the folder you wish to move the file to.
Although rare, file corruption may occur due to Ocean’s high encryption protocols. Please try the following:
- Download the file again.
- Ask the person sharing that file to re-upload it.
- If the file is compressed (zipped), as the user sharing the file to re-upload it without compression.
- Ask the person sharing the file to re-upload it as a non-compressed zip file.
Try refreshing your screen (F5). This is a known issue in certain browsers.
First you will need to invite them, by clicking the “Invite” button above the User Directory on the right.
Only once they have registered and became your partner can you share content with them. This maintains Ocean’s security and integrity.
When they login to Ocean, their screen will default to their company portal. To see the files you have share with them, they will need to click on your company’s tab in the Content Management window.
Alternatively, they can expand the Timeline to see the files that you have shared with them and download them straight from there.
When you first register, you register for a free Partner account. If another company has shared files with you, you will see a tab for them under Content Navigation. Clicking on that tab will show all folders and files they gave you access to. You can then also upload files to those folders, if they gave you Upload permissions. If you want to upload files to your own space, or invite your own partners, you will need to request a paid Full account.
No, Partner accounts are free accounts and they can have unlimited users. However, they are restricted in that they can only upload files to companies that have a paid Full account.
1. Please allow for up to 10 minutes for the validation e-mail to arrive.
2. Please check your Junk/Bulk/Spam folder. If it’s there, please mark is as “Not Junk/Spam” so that you do not miss any important notifications from Ocean in the future.
3. Verification e-mail will be sent to the same e-mail address you use to login to Ocean. Please ensure there are no typos.
4. Try logging in to Ocean and click “Verify Account Now” to re-send the verification e-mail.
5. If you still have not received the e-mail, please check with your IT department to ensure that Ocean e-mails are not being blocked or filtered.
To register a new Free account, simply click on Sign Up and follow the registration process. Be sure to use your work e-mail, as personal e-mail accounts are currently not allowed.
Check with your company’s Ocean Administrator or Contact Ocean Support at email@example.com.
- Only users within the same company can be given Co-Owner permissions.
- Select the folder and click “Manage Permissions” on the Toolbar.
- Find the desired user and use the drop-down next to their name to change their permissions to Co-Owner.
- If the folder is not yet shared with the user, find them on the right side under User Directory and drag their name over the Co-Owner box ,to add them as a co-owner.
Click on Partners (or Admin, if you have admin rights) in the top-right corner of the portal. In the new window under Partner Management click on the “Current” tab where all you current partners are listed. Find the company you wish to remove (you can use Search on the right-hand side to expedite finding the right company) and click on the red “X” to remove them as a Partner. Once company is removed as a Partner, all their employees will immediately lose access to any folders and files your company has shared with them.
- You have to be the owner, Co-Owner or Admin can share files and folders with another user.
- Find the user you wish to share with in the User Directory on the right. You can use the Search window above the list to assist in quickly finding the right person.
- If the person you are looking for is not in the list, either they have not yet registered for Ocean, or their company is not Partners with yours. In that case you can click on the “Invite button below the Search to have them added.
- Once you find the user you wish to share with, simply drag an drop their name over the file or folder you wish to share. A new window will open where you can modify the permissions or leave them as default and then click “OK” to confirm sharing that file/folder.
- Alternatively, you can click on the file/folder you wish to share and click on “Manage Permissions” on the toolbar, then follow a similar process as above to drag and drop users you wish to add.
- The file is currently checked out. You will not be able to upload the file to the same folder with the same name until it is checked back in. Ocean shows who has checked the file out and the date checked out.
- The best practice is to wait until the updated version is checked back in, check out the file, review the document, make any changes and check back in the file.
- The other options are to rename the file and upload it or upload it into a different folder.
- If you are using a free account in Ocean, you can only upload files to the folders of companies that have full accounts and have given you permissions to upload to their folders.
- If you would like to have your own space that you can upload files to and share them with others, please contact Ocean for an upgrade quote via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call for a quote at 1-866-587-8699. If you are an Admin, you can also click on the Admin button in the top-right corner and fill out the Request Upgrade Quote form.
- Refresh your screen (F5).
- If this didn’t resolve the issue, log out and log back in.
Log out and log back in.
Drag and Drop feature is based on browser capability, older browser versions may not support modern functionality.
Check your Personal Folder. The file can easily be moved to the intended folder by selecting the file and then select Manage File on the Dynamic Toolbar.
Click the “Invite” button above the Company/User Directory and fill out the invitation form. Once you submit the form, an automated workflow will handle the rest of the process.